We’re pleased to announce AppStudio 6.2.1 is ready.
The biggest change is support for using back and forward arrows in the browser. It’s been completely rewritten. If your app has multiple forms, try setting ‘enableBrowserArrows’ to true in Project Properties and give it a try.
The new release also has some new Volt features. They allow Volt apps to be opened inside other apps and to set rules for Cross Origin sharing.
New and improved stuff includes:
- Runtime: New routing logic, based on Navigo. Used when enableBrowserArrows is true in Project Properties.
- Project Properties: New enableNiceLinks property. Get rid of # in URL bar when enableBrowserArrows is true. Also needs to be set in Dashboard.
- Bootstrap: Select.text = “value” now works to select an item.
- Bootstrap: Input.disabled now works at runtime.
- Forms: Form.reset() no longer errors on BS Select.
- Samples: Modify options in GridWithScrolling and ListWithScrolling for Chrome < 56.
- Volt Dashboard: Updated to Version 1.0.4
- Volt Dashboard: New Nice Links features. Eliminates # from URL when using browser arrows. enableNiceLinks in Project Properties also needs to be set.
- Volt Dashboard: New Framing option. Defines when your app can be used in a frame within another app.
- Volt Dashboard: New CORS option. Defines where Cross Domain access is allowed from.
Watch for upcoming blog posts on some of these enhancements – there is some cool new stuff you can do.
Download the latest version from ‘Check for Updates’ under then AppStudio Help menu. It is a free upgrade for AppStudio 6 users.